Calling all 2023 brides: 5 Tips to know before wedding gown shopping.
If you’re a bride-to-be, then you know that wedding gown shopping is one of the most important – and potentially stressful – parts of wedding planning. There are so many things to consider, from budget to style to finding a dress that makes you feel amazing.
The good news is that there are some tried-and-true tips that can make the process a whole lot easier. In this article, we’ll share 5 of our favorite tips for bridal dress shopping that will make your life 10x easier. From finding inspiration to working with a stylist, these tips will help you find the perfect dress for your big day!
1. Find the right bridal salon. It's important to start your search for the perfect dress by finding the right bridal store . Do your research – what other brides have experienced the best customer service or treatment at the salon? What kind of selection do they have? Do they have dresses within your budget? If you're looking for a certain style, do they carry it? Additionally, you'll want to make sure you find out if the shops you want to visit require an appointment. When you're ready to visit the stores, bring along the key people you will need if you find your gown. Brides can risk finding the one but then do not have the person or people they would want with them when they say YES to the dress. Brides usually want to have their inner circle with them when they shop, ensure that you do not bring too many opinions. Having multiple perspectives when selecting your gown can be both a blessing and a curse. Although most of the time your friends and family have their hearts in the right place, they can sometimes forget that in the excitement of the appointment.
2. Decide on a gown budget. Before you step foot in a bridal shop, make sure you have a budget in mind. Remember that you’ll be paying for more than just the dress – you also need to factor in alterations, accessories, and veils. Look at your overall wedding budget, and decide how much you can realistically spend on your gown. Once you’ve decided on a budget, it’s important to be honest with your bridal consultant. If you’re open and honest about your budget, they’ll be able to provide better service, pointing out dresses and accessories that are in your price range. It’s always better to be upfront and honest – you don’t want to try on a dress that’s way out of your budget, only to leave the store heartbroken.
3. What style of dress are you looking for? Before you even start shopping for a dress, it’s important to take some time to think about what you’re looking for in a dress. What style do you prefer? Do you like traditional ball gowns or more modern, sleek silhouettes? Be sure to keep your body type in mind when selecting the style of dress – try on different silhouettes to see what looks best on you. Look through magazines, websites, and Instagram for some inspiration. If you have a specific vision in mind, bring photos of the type of dresses you’re thinking of trying on. That will help your bridal consultant narrow down the selection, and you’ll see fewer dresses that aren’t your style. Once you have a better idea of the style of dress you’re looking for, it’s time to take the plunge and start shopping.
4. When to start shopping for your dress. When it comes to when to start shopping for your dress, it’s best to start early. You’ll want to give yourself ample time to find the perfect gown – and enough time to order it and have it altered to fit your body perfectly. You’ll want to give yourself at least 9-12 months to find the right dress and have it fitted. Another important consideration is the timeline of the bridal store that you’re using. Depending on the store, some dresses may take anywhere from 4-6 months to arrive. Keep this in mind when making your decision. If you need your dress in less time, you may want to make sure that the store you choose has rush and sample options to ensure you can get your gown in time to also have alterations.
5. Tips for a stress-free bridal dress shopping experience: Bridal dress shopping doesn’t have to be a stressful process. Here are some tips to make it easier:
Bring a supportive and helpful group: When you're at the store, bring along the person or people that are important to you and that you need. their to say yes to the dress. When deciding who to bring remember that you want to have opinions that will be supportive and productive. They’ll help you make the best decision for you.
Bring pictures for inspiration, if you’re having a hard time deciding on a dress, bring along pictures of styles and silhouettes that appeal to you. This’ll help your bridal consultant narrow down the selection, so you don’t have to try on every dress in the store!
Speak up! It’s important to let your bridal consultant what you like and don’t like as you try on dresses. That way, they’ll be able to show you dresses that fit your criteria.
Ask questions: Don’t hesitate to ask your bridal consultant any questions you may have – they’ll be more than happy to answer them!
Take breaks: Shopping for a wedding dress is a big decision and it can be overwhelming. Don’t hesitate to take a break when you need it. Check out our frequently asked questions to get more details on wedding gown shopping. https://gownboutiqueofcharleston.com/frequently-asked-questions/